First, you might notice a strange taste. Then perhaps a lingering smell in your sink and shower. Fixtures may become stained. It’s clear: something is out of balance in your water. Whether it is bacterial, chemical or mineral, making sure to properly filter the water coming into your home is very important.
If you are looking for ways to improve your home and health at the same time, considering water treatment services for your Parkville, MD home may be the project you are looking for. To make sure you are filtering dangerous bacteria and toxic chemicals from your tap water, installing a water treatment system is a necessity. Particularly if you live in an area with public water, water treatment will give your family the safest water available directly from the tap.
Dangers of Untreated Water
When discussing what could be in public tap water, there are three things one must consider: Is the water being reprocessed in the same system? What’s in the ground the water is sourced from? What materials are the water delivery systems made of? If there are any risks of contaminants at any point in that process, they made be finding their way into drinking water.
- Lead: Old pipes that contain lead can leach the heavy metal into drinking water. Slow lead poisoning over time can lead to health problems and cognitive decline.
- Bacteria: Bacteria like E. coli cause symptoms similar to food poisoning.
- Toxic Elements: Radon and Uranium are dangerous elements that can be found in untreated tap water.
- Parasites: Common parasites like Giardia causes severe stomach cramping and digestion upset.
- Pesticides: Water sourced from ground nearby farming may be contaminated with pesticides. Improperly treated water can expose those drinking tap water to these pesticides.
The results of water contaminated by materials range from simple stomach upset to neurological issues.
What Can a Water Treatment System Do for You?
To keep yourself and your family safe, a water treatment system can be set up to do several things. Contaminants may need to be filtered out, such as chemicals or other toxic elements. Hard water—water with a high pH and out of balance mineral concentration—can be softened in a water treatment system. General taste can be improved with water treatment as well.
Water treatment systems consist of several parts. There is the filtration system, which the water is filtered through. It may also go through softeners or a distillation set-up. These will remove harmful minerals or germs, such as bacteria or microorganisms. Choosing the right treatment system for your needs will result in better health all around.
Ace Plumbing has experience assessing and installing needed water treatment systems in Parkville, MD. If you are looking to add a water treatment system to your home’s plumbing, call Ace Plumbing at (410) 256-7900 to request information about the process. We are happy to answer any questions. For older treatment systems, we also provide repairs as needed.